Friends of Pecos

Friday, October 5, 2007

GOOFY FRIDAY NEWS.



My Jack Bean vine...SHE BLOOMS! I grew this from seeds that Sib gave me. Ya know I'm partial to purple.

It's supposed to be in the 50's sunday, monday and tuesday night....YAY!! AAaaahhhhhhh. I can't wait to put the flannel sheets on my bed!! Gotta wait a awhile.

UGH!!! Ya know I guess I'm resigned to Halloween decorations in the damn STORE really early.....but some folks here put their halloween decorations out in their yard BEFORE Oct. 1st.....what does that mean? Are there special spirits living there?

It has been soooo nice NOT to go to work the last 3 days! I've been working hard in the home. Gene proclaimed that he is done...Waaaaayyyy done sanding the floor...so now my job is to clean up. Lots of vacuuming of walls and floors and wiping down moldings and doors etc. We are planning to put a kind of lemon oil on the floor...it's what the museum uses...and I want our floor to look like theirs.

RADIO HOTLINE:
For Sale:
22 caliber gun, 22 caliber rifle, 9 mm pistol. $750. takes all. (yikes I'm scared...maybe WE should buy them so that no one else can heave them.)
Wanted:
Stevie Nicks CD. (yeah, WE ARE THE 80's!!!)
Green chiles.

I guess we might be going to the county fair tonight...for sure tomorrow.
Tonight is the pork rib and brisket cook off.
Will report "tamale".

love, mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but these are exactly the kind of "goofy" sentiments my own significant other loves. She is constantly about her place taking digital photos of the most recent blooms in the yard and emailing them to me. I have to admit, you guys are pretty good with a digital camera.

But drat! In my isolation, I missed the cook-off. I'll have to start checking-in here to see what's going on in Pecos. Tell Gene he can come over and sand my floors next.

-cliff