Friends of Pecos

Saturday, December 22, 2007

IT'S A BROWNIE CHRISTMAS. TROOP #90.







Last Wed. was the Brownie party.
The girls are SO cute!!They said the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag and the girl scout pledge. Then I read them a story from "A FRONTIER ARMY CHRISTMAS." It was written by Katherine Gibson who entertained some indians for Christmas at Ft. Abraham Lincoln, Dakota Territory, in 1875. I couldn't tell if they liked it or not.
Then they ate pizza and christmas sweets.
After that they exchanged presents.
There was a general running around the house and looking at everything and giggling etc.
I made each girl a necklace out of a crystal from a chandelier hung on a red ribbon. (love those estate sales.) I also gave each one a tiny red bag that had candy and christmas stickers in it.
They were well behaved and everyone had fun. Jamey enjoyed watching the merry-making.

Jamey spent Thursday ALL day in Odessa getting the hyundai car serviced while Gene and I worked. She walked over to a nearby mall to see a movie and shopped some and read a book etc.

I monogrammed for NINE hours at Needleworks that day. People are waiting til the last minute for christmas monogramming and Peggy can't stand to turn away the money. I offered to stay until 7p.m. instead of the usual 6p.m.
She'll be doing more on Sat. and will go in for a special monogramming session sunday. Needleworks is closed on sundays. I will work a full day Monday...christmas eve...and we're GONNA get it all done or else!!!! I just don't know how Peggy can keep up that pace...I can do it for 2 days in a row or every other day...but not EVERY day like her. She's a west texas trooper I tell ya.

You have to hoop a garment on a special embroidery hoop to monogram on the machine. I'm here to tell ya that hooping big, thick, heavy coats is the worse thing ever. Sometimes it takes two people...one to hold it in while the other person uses a screwdriver to tighten the screw. There's NOTHING worse than having the hoop pop out while a design is running. My hands hurt from hooping on wednesday...i worked on 15 coats for a well drilling service for their employee presents. Then I knocked out 15 vests for an electric company.

F.Y.I....."My" chuckwagon at the Carlsbad auction sold for $2900.
Drat...I wished it was in our backyard.

We are going to Balmorhea for steak so I'll sign off now.
Love,, Mary

No comments: