Friends of Pecos

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

WE BOUGHT A STOVE/OVEN!!


Which is no big deal to most folks.
But we haven't had one for 2 years, 4 months and 7 days....so it IS a big deal.
It's nothing fancy but is fine for what I wanna cook....holiday baking and turkey.
Got it last Friday and so far, all I've made is corn.
Boy...it sure almost didn't fit in the space.
It's the standard 30" width and the space is probably 29.9"

The Friday before last,all the local schools got out at 1 p.m. so everybody could travel to a stupid high school football game.
That's dumb.
The Pecos Eagles have lost all 4 games thus far.

The 1st. Saturday in October Gene and I are going to try and sell some bottlecap snakes, bottlecap tables and small glass art at the Ft. Davis Flea Market.
Wish us luck!

Hurricane Ike really messed up the Galveston inmate place. I don't think it was an actual TYC but now they are moving those guys out to Sheffield. It's all run by Iraan ISD now so I don't what the hell to call it. So anyways, there's a big move around of staff once again in Pyote. I guess George may be moving to Sheffield earlier than his Jan. 1st. date. Some of the Pyote guards are moving over there also.
Gene's the only P.E. teacher at the Pyote school so he's safe.
George, Gene and I are driving over to Sheffield this weekend to look around. George is looking for a place to put his mobile home.
It's a pretty drive and we are going to take the 60 mile scenic route thru the rock ledges....I hope I remember to take my camera.

We haven't had the A/C on for about 10 days....COOLAH!! It's been in the 50's at night and 80's during the day...it was in the 70's but not anymore.

I guess that's all the little Pecos news bloggers.
Love, Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you think that Pecos is isolated with no stores and the like, wait until you get a good look at Sheffield! The Scenic Loop is really pretty - I like going from south to north where you make that dramatic drop off the caprock right above Fort Lancaster.

R.B.

Anonymous said...

Mary,
Congrats on the new oven/stove. Cooked some corn, huh? Branch out to tv dinners or something like that. I'm impressed you got by without it for so long.
Love,
Dave