Friends of Pecos

Thursday, January 15, 2009

WHO WILL BUY THIS MOBILE HOME?




Got an ad on Craig's List.
Got an ad online with the San Antonio newspaper.
Got an ad in print in the actual newspaper.
No calls.
No line.
No waiting.
This can be moved or can stay off of Military Dr. in S.A.
C'mon....it's a great 2nd home.

Went to MID-LAND today....95 miles each way.
That's how I say it: Mid (pause) Land....not "midlund".
It was a great time.
Dropped of Mother's T.V. that has been broken for about 9 months....nice guy....very efficient.
Went to Home Depot....bought halogen lightbulbs.
Then to Radio Shack....bought a phone.
Had the BEST salad ever at Johnny Carino's.
Now that might not ring a big bell with you....but....
1. you can't GET a spinach salad in Pecos...much less one with garganzola cheese, vinigarette and skinny fried onion rings on top....and hot bread to dip in the garlic-herb olive oil.
2. the waiter was good looking and attentive...but not overly attentive.
3. It's a place where you PAY AT THE TABLE....which is NEVER done here.
So, I felt like I was in a really high class place.
I hope I didn't have "small town hick" stamped on my forehead.
Was so excited....I left a huge tip.
Went to Target....bought fun sundries.
Now blog friends, Odessa has all those same places...EXCEPT the t.v. repair...which is why I went.
But it's just different in Mid (pause) Land.
People there look different, smell different and act different.
Whatever.

Love, mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm ..... I guess I was a bit late with the phone info - sory!

R.B.

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is one spiffy mobile home. I am impressed.

Love,
Dave