Friends of Pecos

Saturday, July 26, 2008

CANTALOUPE FESTIVAL.














AW HELLS BELLS!
Everybody was gathering at Windmill Square behind the museum to watch the dancers and a big rainstorm came and it just poured for about 30 minutes.
That was the reason I went...to see the little ballerinas, tiny cowboys-n-girls and the folklorico dancers.
What a mess.
It was funny and sad.
The dance floor got slick, there was a lightening issue and the music wouldn't play.
So, no dancing.
The color guard never even got to present the flags.

Gene and Alonzo are trash guys for the night. Gene did it with George last year and they had a golf cart to drive around and pick up full trash bags and then they put out new ones. Today there was a golf tournament and their golf cart never showed up. But they are still doing their civic duty and hoofing it. Bet they'll be really tired by midnight!

Ya know, nothing says "small town festival" like corn dogs and funnel cakes. Funnel cakes: ALWAYS makes me think of Jamey...she loves them so.
And in the end folks...we DO have some cantaloupes in town...from Coyanosa and they are GOOD...juicy and very sweet.
We just don't have any to ship....no Blue Bell Cantaloupe ice cream this year....boo.

Check out photo #6...the lis. plate say "1917 REO Speedwagon".

I came home to change clothes my we clothes and I guess I'll head back down there.
Uh-oh....I see another tiny but severe storm on the radar....heading straight for us.
Maybe it'll change it's mind.

Love, Mary

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Feel good......

Dan G. said...

Mari,
Looks like you guys had fun anyway. We harvested some of our peaches here. They are great! Small but very tasty.
I can't remember when I last had funnel cakes. I think I was drinking at the time.
It's also looks like you're getting SPAM postings too.