Friends of Pecos

Friday, January 22, 2010

CAKE OR DEATH??!!



Drove to Dallas yesterday.
Six and a half hour trip= fine. Driving in downtown is a little nerve wrecking.
Downtown hotel= fine. It was a Sheraton I got for $70....C.J. stayed there with me.
Visiting with my friend c.j.= fine....She went to the show too.
Eddie Izzard show at American Airlines Venue= fine. This british comedian is sooooo funny.
I really liked taking the DART trolley to the show.
Drove home today and fought 50 mph winds for 5 hours. Don't know how the truckers and the old people driving RV's do it. Got to Stanton, a farming community 110 miles east of Pecos. The farms are red dirt and they were LOSING the farms. It was so dirty I really, truly could hardly see the interstate.
Sigh, I hate west Texas.
I killed alot of tumblin' tumbleweeds today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary,
Wow, you've been busy with the blog. I'm trying to catch up. My favorite is the pic of the bicycles, reminds me of a pic of multi-colored surfboards in Hawaii. Red dirt/dust in west texas sounds really yucky.

Keep up the good work with all the pics. Wish I had been in Dallas to visit with you more when you went to the concert.

Love,
Dave