Friends of Pecos

Sunday, May 13, 2007

357 DAYS AND COUNTING.




Well, we've made it here a year.

I worked the county elections yesterday for 13 hrs. at the civic center.
Then found out i worked the WRONG place.
I was sposed to be at the community center doing the city elections.
Boy, do i feel dumb!
I'll never live this one down.

Whaaaaa...I fell down...walking the dogs...on a broken sidewalk.
THIS IS NOT MY ASS IN THE PICTURE!!!
It's the inside of my knee.

Gene has found black widow spiders on the front porch and under the carport...he didn't wanna kill them cos they looked cool...whatever gene. I insisted he kill them.

Today he's working on finishing up the computer room floor and I painted porch trim.
UPDATE: it's now 6p.m. and the floor is totally finished! He worked very hard on it and I think it looks quite goo' for a 1st timer.

I've never picked up goats before.
There was a little petting zoo set up in the parking lot of the civic center where i was working yesterday.
In the morning 3 of the little goats got out and no one was around...i got 2 of them and put them back over the fence...the other one just hung around.
This zoo had: 2 camels, a huge tortoise, 1 zebra, 3 or 4 wallabys, an emu, 2 pot belleid pigs, a dozen goats, 1 llama etc.

I'll be having my mother's day next weekend in new york.
I leave friday and return the following tuesday.

RADIO HOTLINE:
3 pigs ready to butcher...ew.
2 swinging hammocks...as opposed to non-swinging ones.

love, mary

No comments: