Friends of Pecos

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Small News From The Small World of West Texas.

Gene got his 1st pair of glasses.
I got new glasses too.
We got the transition kind that turn into sunglasses.
We are both disappointed....they don't get dark enough.
We are old.
We wear bifocals.

Gene and I went to both grand openings of the 2 new motels in town last Friday.
It was something sorta fun to do.
One is a pretty fancy "not-like-Pecos" Best Western...in fact...it's quite beautiful.
The other is more basic....but still a nice Holiday Inn and Suites.
The latter has the advantage because it is right next to the Rodeo Arena.
Gee.....TWO new motels.
And our new gym opened yesterday.
I should join.
I'm fat.
Maybe I shall.

We lowered the price of our house from $125,000. to $109,900 last week.
Gene has sent out 22 applications....no calls.
At least he HAS a job....for the time being.
Guess we'll hang our hats in Pecos.
We still want to sell the house and get something smaller.

That's all the dumb news.

RADIO HOTLINE:
Wanted:
freezer burned meat. (WTF?)
Give:
7 roosters. (ugh...I hope my neighbors DON'T get those.)
Lost:
miniature goat in Wickett.

love, mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why does Pecos think it needs or can even support two new hotels? that rodeo must be some huge draw for folks. Maybe that tank in Grand Falls is in case they want to secceed.
you know everybody's doing it now.
(bad joke, I know)... I am soooo looking forward to seeing you guys soon. I am so glad the N1H1 flu is subsiding now too. Ya'll will have such a great time.
ciao foe now,
k

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary,

Thanks for the latest blog. Wow, this is Gene's first pair of glasses? I'd say he is probably overdue. Pecos must be hoping for a new boom era with two new motels.

Love,
Dave