Friends of Pecos

Friday, April 13, 2007

HOUSE WIND DAMAGE.





JEEZ...my blog today was sposed to be about my "3 hour tour" AKA "There's nuthin' out there.".....but it must be set aside as that story does not compare to what I found waiting at home.

We had 55 mph winds today...and we've had much bigger winds in the past...but today the north side of the house lost alot of siding and the picture window in the living room blew out....glad all that glass was in the yard and not in the livingroom. The cats got scared and barfed all over the place...nice!

I didn't want to deal to Gene's conniption fit by myself when he got home in about 30 minutes so I called out the troops. Platoon #1 was Alonzo his co-worker. He wasn't home yet...I left a message. Then I called Debbie at the museum and said "her" house was falling down and to send over her husband Neal (platoon #2)...the platoons out here are only one man each by the way.

In the meantime I gathered up siding from the street and frontyard...why? I don't know because it's more than 20 years old and very britttle and broken. Debbie said maybe the fix it guys can use it as a pattern whenever we get around to repairing the siding....yeah right...whenever THAT will be! The blown off part is about 30 feet up and would require scaffolding. The stuff underneath doesn't look so bad.

Both troops and Gene arrived within minutes of each other....glass removed, plywood purchased and installed...that's a good thing since it's going to be in the 30's tonight.

At least the problems are just cosmetic and not structural.
THIS is going to stir up the ghosts!!!!

Love, Mary

P.S....the previously pictured tree is a salt cedar.