Friends of Pecos

Sunday, April 29, 2007

SUNDAY B.S. NEWS.





See how Gene is coming along with the floor? The kitchen is done and he's going pretty fast with the computer room. I'm sure he's totally fed up with it.
I have dreams of taking out the carpet in the foyer. It has the original wood floor under there and would need to be redone...and it's a big space. I guess about 15' by 25'.

Our bush out front has busted out with blooms...pretty huh?

We have quail on our street. They look really funny when they run.
Saw a hummingbird the other day.

My neighbor Sib made this doll and little hat for a baby shower. I love the doll's hot pink hair. She makes all kinds of things. I visit her once a week and we chat about antiques and gardening and crafts. She always seems to give me something to take home: flower seeds, old coke bottles, magazines etc.
She's always going on about my painted flower pots....so i finally got around to making 2 for her and took them over yesterday...and it was so great: COS IT WAS HER BIRTHDAY! (I didn't know.) I wanted to get her in this picture too...but she wouldn't let me cos she hadn't fixed her hair yet or put her lipstick on.
Her husband Bill is a retired farmer. They're about in their late 70's i guess. I love them.

Gene signed the papers for his new job on Friday. He starts Tuesday the 1st.
It worries me that the P.E. Dept. will be much more dangerous as far as fights etc.
When we moved here I didn't kow that this TYC had the most violent inmates.
He had a fight in his classroom last week and had to take down a student while a guard got the other one. There were kids all crowding around and pushing and desks falling over and hollaring and people running in and out of the room....total chaos. He didn't get hurt...the guard did. Jeez....he's a TEACHER and shouldn't to be involved in fights.
We are very relieved...we get to stay!....at least for now since he got the P.E. job.
He's going to the Y.O. Ranch in Kerrville this week Tues.-Fri. for a TYC seminar thing. Alot of other TYC's will be there.

We are getting a bit of rain today...it's about time.

RADIO HOTLINE:
Wanted: Working Pants. (as opposed to pants that don't work.)
Wanted: Crib, playpen, baby walker, gun cabinet. (good combination.)
For Sale: Snake. (no thanks.)
To Give Away: clothes dryer, clothes line posts. (I guess they're not to wash clothes anymore.)

Gene's Mother had heart surgery last week. She didn't even call us...I'm so annoyed about that. She got a pacemaker and a few other things done. I hope it works...she's had heart disease for a LONG time and the doctors have not made much progress in helping her other than giving her medicine.

I guess that's all the stupid news.
We are going to grill a big hunk slamon today.
George is coming over to help us eat it.
George is a big eater.

Love, Mary

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey the floor looks great!

quail?! weird!

luv,
jkp