Friends of Pecos

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A NEW BLOG THING.




Apparently my blog server INSISTS that i tranfer to their new set up...so i guess i have a new blog address.
EVERYBODY...PLEASE hang in there with me!!!!

A silly picture of my shoes from Easter.
And Harold kitty enjoying the fact that this big plant was back in the house due to snow.

I am learning how to use the embroidery machine at work..it's scary and about 3 or 4 times bigger than a regular sewing machine. It is computerized and you can use 1 or all six of the needles and same amount of spools of thread. First i made t-shirts for the Golden Girl nominees. Then I did the brucking bronc pecos logo on some jackets for city employees.
Peggy, the owner is getting a ton of orders for "press down" family reunion t-shirts. I used the press down machine the other day...it's like doing iron on numbers and names and "pecos eagle" logos.
Peggy is in her 60's and kicks my ass every monday...she is very hyper!
She broke 6 ribs in a car accident in January and then got a collapsed lung and her kidneys shut down a month later...AND she's diabetic.
The doctors say it'll be a year before she's up to par again.
Gee....i'm scared to see how hard she works when she's feeling 100%!
Tuesdays Peggy goes to her other store in Alpine...so it's just me at the store here...and then i can recover from monday some.

We are enjoying the NETFLIX gift certificate that jamey gave us for christmas. Pecos only has one mooovie store and it sucks.

I'm so excited...patty and toby are driving out here on the 20th!!! YAY!!
It's the Marfa gem and mineral show that weekend...so hopefully we'll finally see the town of Marfa.

I rode my bike to the post office and over to needleworks today to shop.
There was an old man in the post office who was singing "git along little dogies" to himself.

I've been asked to volunteer for an evening of rehearsals for the Golden Girl competition...i think it's in june.

Our neighbor brought over 4 red bell peppers yesterday. A semi truck had turned over and there was produce all over the place. She said there was an announcement on the radio for folks to come on down and get it.

uh-oh...i see a few flies!!!!!!!!

RADIO HOTLINE:
Wanted:
Someone to remove bees.
Fishing Poles. (where? where's the water?)

I'm getting pretty cranked up about going to new york next month.

I better go do some chores.

love,mary

2 comments:

kw said...

help, this is a test..i can't get my commemnts to publish.
kw

kw said...

okay, lets try again. good on you for riding your bike shopping and things. that is one of the perks of livving in Mayberry.
smooches,
kw