Friends of Pecos

Saturday, July 21, 2007

A NEW PROJECT BEGINS!





So....Gene and his co-worker (Art) pulled up the "lobby" carpet last night and we started pulling staples and prying up the nail strips today.
I can telll I'm going to be sore. I had to have Gene help me up off the floor cos I can't bend my knee very well.
We believe that the floor is the original (so it's over 100 years old) and will be beautiful someday.
We'll have to sand it and fill in cracks with wood putty and then polyurethane.
It's going to be a big job.
The dogs=no like!

Our cantaloupes are good but I think the coyanosa ones are better.
The farmers planted less than 50% this year cos there's no one to help pick them cos they have no where to stay.

Everyone has rain around here except us.
We have an 80% chance today and 90% tonight...i'll believe it when i see it.
I hear central texas had flooding yesterday.

We have lots of hummingbirds....they seem to love my recipe now that they've discovered my feeder.

Jamey is on her way back here from california and has been checking in regularly and has had the BEST time!
She meets all kinds of people...they seem curious since she is cute and traveling alone...everyone wants to fix her up with a friend or relative.
She went to Big Sur and rented a bike in San Francisco and rode to the golden gate bridge.
She stayed a "hippy dippy" hotel on Haight street.
She's done and seen so much I can't begin to list it all.
She plans to be in Pecos on monday and will fly home to new york tuesday morning.

I am going to San Marcos on Tuesday for a very fast visit....will return friday in time for Night in ol' Pecos on saturday.
I'll return the wheelchair to kay in austin and go to the dentist in san marcos and visit dan & bobbie guerra...i'm excited to see his mama who is there visiting from texas city!

The museum was closed for 2 days last week cos it got overrun by BEES!!! No one was stung but it was big clean up on the 2nd and 3rd floors.

RADIO HOTLINE:
For Sale:
1978 superman luchbox. $600. (shit, that's alot of money!)
Wanted:
2 army cots. (do they HAVE to army?)
Lost:
a parrot named "ducky".

That's all bloggers.
love, mary

No comments: