Friends of Pecos

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

THE TINIEST NEWS EVER.

The cantaloupes are ready!
Coyanosa started picking theirs last saturday....pecos strated picking theirs today.
They are small but REALLY sweet and REALLY juicey.
The crop is small this year...so they may not be around too long.
I guess we have enough for the Blue Bell creamery to make their vanilla and cantaloupe ice cream...look for it in a store near you...(sorry, not you Alicia.)
I read a good article in Texas Hiway mag. about blue bell celebrating it's 100th anniversary this summer...it was an excellent read!

I walked the dogs 6 blocks this morning and 9 blocks tonight.
Bennie tried to choke himself to death over numerous stray cats.
It's been 3 weeks since my knee surgery...it still feels very strange.
It's semi numb and I can't bend it as well as I would like.

I saw a big, black tarantula crossing IH 20 on my way to Odessa last week.
He seemed to have made it across o.k....I missed him anyways.

I went back to work monday and tuesday.
Peggy got a new embroidery machine....it has 10 threads and needles!
I never did anything on the old one that was more than 4 colors of thread anyways.
Gee wally...I was just getting used to the old one.
Come to think of it....Alfredo's Restaurant logo is done with 6 threads and needles.

Our movie theatre closed again already....about 3 months ago....I just found out.
That didn't last long.
I guess I'll have to drive 60 miles to see the new Harry Potter movie...or wait until it comes out on video.

OMG....this blog is so boring.
I don't know why I keep writing them.

Jamey called.
Russ flew back to new york today.
I was misinformed....he isn't going with her driving north....he had to get back to work.
Next stop for her...San Francisco.

RADIO HOTLINE:
For Sale:
big bag of boys size 2 to 4. (haha...they forgot to type "clothes" on the end of that.)
Wanted:
susie call cleo. (i've never seen an ad like this before on the hotline...hope she calls.)
Give:
a wooden frame. (well, hell...they didn't tell much about that...it could be anything.)

that's all the stupid news.
i bored myself to sleep....g'night.
love, mary

No comments: