Friends of Pecos

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

TOYAH, TX.







Last Sunday I went to Toyah to try find this lady's (Effie) grave. It's hard to find graves when they look like this. She could be anywhere...c'mon Effie...give it up...a loved one is looking for you.

It looks like not even 100 folks live in Toyah which is 17 miles west of Pecos.
Isn't the old 1912 school building cool looking?
When I go to cemeteries there ARE some beautiful very old headstones...I just don't photograph them. I didn't want ya'll to think they ALL look this bad.

This weekend is the last auction in Carlsbad N.M....they are closing to retire.
Gene and his pal George and I are going to the Sat. auction...oh goody!

It has been very, very slow at work...I thought yesterday would NEVER end.

I was at the museum looking at old newspapers and saw this headline dated Aug. 21, 1931:
"Earthquake rocks Pecos homes last Sunday; melons to be served."

That's all.
I wonder what I'll do for the rest of the week?

Love, mary

No comments: