Friends of Pecos

Monday, February 25, 2008

THE NEWS REPORT OF MONDAY.




Click on these wheat weavings to make them big. I think that they are very beautiful and took a long time to make. I bought them for 50 cents each.
They aren't from around here....we don't grow wheat.
A long time ago...my research says these have been made forever and ever....
they were woven to please the spirits of the crop and to ensure prosperity and good luck for the next growing.
Ones that have grains...like mine...the grain was planted next season to assure fertility of the entire crop.

How do you like our bejeweled mailbox? It's my 2nd try. The first one wasn't too successful and Gene nixed the design.

It was nice and sunny and warm and CALM yesterday.
Today the wind blew at least 40 or 50 with gusts up to 60 and 70....I HATE THAT!!!
But in a couple of months I'll be praying for some breeze.
I've never lived in a place with such weird weather!!

EVERYBODY out here sure is big on sayin': "maam" all the time. It's "yes, m'aam" and "no m'aam" ALL the time....no matter who it is or how old ya are. I understand that it's a show of respect but jeez....it's totally overkill. Actually the young kids don't say it much....peggy says it's because they havn't been taught. So when she has a young 'un (usually a teenager) in the store and he/she says "yeah" or "uh-huh"....Peggy will say: "you mean yes maam?" Sometimes I feel like I don't say it ENOUGH!

I'm going to be a model for a little fashion show for Needleworks on march 12th.
It's for a ladies club of some sort and will be held at Charlotte Slack's home...she and her husband are THE bigwigs of Pecos. Peggy always uses models of all ages and sizes.

Hmmmmmm...."they" are looking for folks to act in this summer's melodrama...should I?

This old dude came by the store today sellin' his farm fresh eggs. I bought 2 dozen for $5. and shared 'em with our neighbors.

RADIO HOTLINE:
For Sale:
cow horns $10.-stuffed animals-a silly hat. (o.k. THIS person sounds freaky...how silly IS this hat?...sillier than a circus hat?)
.45 automatic pistol with an extra clip. (so can ANY FOOL just go there and up and buy a damn GUN??? i'm scared.)

The monogram machine wore me out today...my neck and back...she hurts.
It was the odd, stray City of Pecos jacket, lots of high school letterman jackets and the unending pile of pecos eagles t-shirts that we are beginning to fix up for the big rush in aug., sept. and oct.

YES MAAM! I'M TIRED!

love, mary

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

COOL mailbox!! and I love that pic of the E-clipse in the last blog :)

luv,
jamey

Anonymous said...

wow...the mailbox is fabulous. i hope no one steels it. every time i have had a great mailbox, it always got stolen...that really bites my butt when that happens.
all tghe pictures and stories are great fun too. keepem' comin'.
ciao,
k

alicia said...

Hey Mary love your mailbox. I want to buy a gun....

Dan G. said...

Actress?? Model?? Go for It! Do you get to walk the runway and go back stage and get naked with the other Models? Take Pictures!!