Friends of Pecos

Friday, February 22, 2008

THE WIND...SHE BLOWS SO HARD!!!



This picture was not taken here in pecos. I pulled it off the web. But it looked just like that out here. We had nice clear skies and the stars were so big and bright...seemed like you could just reach up and touch them.

Geez...I get tired of this ol' wind a-blowin' all the time. It depresses me and I can no ridey my bikey.

RADIO HOTLINE:
For Sale:
3 bowling balls. $10. takes all. (damn, i missed them even though Gene says we have enough of them. You can never have enough bowling balls in your yard!)

a circus hat. (huh? i want to see it. what do people out here think a circus hat looks like? do they mean a top hat? that would be an abraham lincoln hat.)

Wanted:
person with the circus hat to call. (hahahaaaaaaa.)
someone to house train a puppy.(if you can't figure that out you shouldn't HAVE a puppy.)

That's all folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I remember that about Saudi Arabia: lots and lots of stars, and very clear too. Of course, there no street lights, neon signs or anything. We even played flourescent frisbee by star and moonlight.

R.B.

Dan G. said...

Mary, This is an excerpt from an email that I got yesterday from my Cousin-In-Law Tom. He's a hoot!

Tom says
Did you get to see the Lunar Eclipse Weds eve? (This started out as a bright Full moon the nt b4). I saw it at the river at about 8 pm, Mt. Time. All sinister lookin' man, very dimly lit, gooulish orangish/tan color, gloomy thruout, cloudy overcast, yet clear & chilly air at that time. It looked like something of another world! Awesome lookin'!! Me be all impressed.

Then, as time flew by, it went to a bright sliver on the starboard side, w/ a dim remainder on the rest. Cool lookin'. It was after 9 pm there when my dead-ass thought to take a pic of the moon, (we'd been at the VFW slamin' drinks earlier, talkin' war stories, show'n off scars), that was then covered w/ clouds. (What's this, (I slurred to mwaa), ....."Is.....Is that the man in the moon I see")!!?? Nope! Must be the last days of that shot-down satellite!
I had to wait for it to clear, 'sep, it was too late then. Lousy Pic. Oil well. I wished I had snapped it at what they called height Full Diminished, (or something like that). Gee, I wonder if it was the disabled camera operator..........nah,........couldn't be.
I'll bet the scientists at the Observa-speepers controlling the glass-lens-der fingerpokin' und za mittengrabin' panel push-buttons saw a neat moon!! You know those types were,...............you know,..........."with wood"!
Wooa yeah, dam right. (Not quite as cool as a Vandenberg AFB Rocket launch after sunset in the West with staging & contrails though)!!

This does draw at least an honorable mention to that.

Just thought you folks would want to know in case you missed it......
Nuthin' for me today thanks.

Any Questions!!??

more later,...........
Tom (Dan's Cousin-in-Law)
xoxo