Friends of Pecos

Thursday, September 11, 2008

WHOSE BOOBS ARE THESE?!



HAHA....they are mushrooms in our yard.
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning it was raining hard....the dogs "no likea".
Tonight it is pouring rain.
It's going to drown my cactus!
What's up?
Is it the end of the world?

It's 9/11.
I feel like some rural folks are forgetting...or don't care.
We had our flag out today as did the rancher and his wife across the street.

I've been working everyday.
I hate small town football.
The Pecos Eagles have lost their first 2 games....they rarely win....but people continue to be rabid fans.
People continue to stream in the store....especially in the afternoon as soon as school is out.
People continue to wait until the last minute and then get annoyed when we are sold out of what they want or that we can't press down their name onto the back of a t-shirt while they wait.
People continue to let their ill mannered kids run wild in the shop.
People continue to talk on their cell phones while I attempt to wait on them.
Doesn't EVERYONE in town have a Pecos Eagles t-shirt with their name on it yet? Don't all the little girls in town have a cheerleader outfit yet?
I come dragging home every night....sweaty, tired and cranky.
Homecoming is at the end of October...it'll be busy again then.
And it's always busy at Christmas time....I monogram everything that's monogrammable.

I need to make a new section in my blog called "Only in Pecos".
Only in Pecos will ya see a spent shotgun shell on the ground by your car...it was at Needleworks...well, it IS dove hunting season. Peggy wondered why I was surprised.
Only in Pecos will you see 2 ladies chasing a rooster around your front yard....the dogs were having a FIT!

A customer told me it's going to be a early fall and a cold winter here.

Let's get right to Radio Hotline:
For Sale:
Elephant decorations.
A divorce package. (Huh?)
Pantyhose $15.
Wanted:
Pig pen supplies.

I guess that's all.
This isn't much of a blog.
Sometimes that's just the way life be!
Love, Mari

No comments: