Friends of Pecos

Monday, June 22, 2009

HELLO....YAY!


This is my Mother's plumeria that I inherited.
She grew it from a seed.
It is over 6 feet tall and hasn't bloomed in 2 years.
Mom would be thrilled.
YAY!

My car is FINALLY fixed.
YAY!
I have had no car for 2 weeks.
My bicycle and I are good, close friends now.
It's hard to find someone to work on a Honda in this town and since the battery was dead it couldn't be driven.
It's a long story....
A mechanic finally came over and showed Gene how to get it out of "park" so he could haul it 2 blocks to shop.
TWO blocks....haha....almost everything is within 6 to 10 blocks of our house....except Walmart.
YAY!

You can tell it's almost time for rodeo.
There were 3 horses and riders goin' down the street in front of our house yesterday...the dogs went bonkers.

I am helping my friend Sheila with her rodeo float.
This year's parade theme is Pecos Bill.
Do you know that tall tale?
It's like a west Texas Paul Bunyon.
Parade is Wed. morning...with the old timer's reunion before that.
YAY!

Rodeo is wed., Thurs., Fri. and Sat. night.
We'll have 7 guests this year.
Stand by for fun photos.
YAY!

Love, Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary,

Nice work with the plumeria. Two weeks without a car?? That is downright unAmerican. I hope you are back on 4 wheels soon.

Love,
Dave

Anonymous said...

the PLU!!!

roday-o week, fun fun!

x
j