Friends of Pecos

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

VILLA BLANCA HOTEL COZUMEL-May 31- June 6 2009










We hadn't stayed at this hotel in 17 years.
It's right across the street from the beach, has 50 rooms, pool, hot tub and lovely grounds. The hibiscus etc. in Cozumel aren't just shrubs or bushes....they're big TREES!
One day a guy was harvesting the coconuts from the palms at our hotel.
There was a big fridge in the room and the remote controlled A/C was ice cold.
We had an air/hotel package....I think the rooms were about $55. a night.
George and Gene shared a room and Jamey and I shared a room....king size bed and a futon thingie....cool marble floors, huge marble shower.
1. You know I love iguanas!
2, 3 & 4....I like the statuary at this place.
5. Everybody likes towel swans! We also had a snail and a little dog one day made of washcloths.
6. Jamey by the pool.
7. Another "Ig"....I looked for this guy everyday and he was almost always in the same place....and I knew it was him cos he had turquoise paint on his tail.
8. Gene going into the hotel office to get fresh beach towels...he was a good "towel boy".
The mosquitoes were pretty bad...even in town.
It poured rain in the middle of the last night we were there.
Stay tuned for more Cozumel folks.
Love, Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary,

I'm impressed by the hotel pool, umbrellas, landscaping. Mighty nice place for a really decent price.

Love,
Dave

Anonymous said...

wow...mare, the pic.s are great. has it really been 17 yrs since we were all there? they have done a nice job of keeping the Villa Blanca in good condition. it made me flash on lots of good memories. I hope you all had fun.
later my sweet,
k