Friends of Pecos

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

DAN & BOBBIE GUERRA COME TO PECOS!






HEY...where's Bobbie? Guess I missed getting her picture.
Their dogs and ours got along fine. The fawn pug is Winston and the black one is Maddie.
We grilled shrimp and steaks Sunday night. (thanks for the shrimp brook!!! it was excellent!)
Gene had to work yesterday...Dan, Bobbie and I visited the museum and I took them over to Needleworks cos Bobbie was interested in the embroidery machine I use over there.
We also went to the Chamber of Commerce so I could buy rodeo tickets...no box seats...boo.
Then we took a drive out to Balmorhea. You can see in this picture that there were storms over by Ft. Davis and Alpine.
We had rain here last night....yay!
Dan and Bobbie headed out to Carlsbad N.M. this morning.
They travel with their 5th wheel trailer...it's really a nice set up.
THANKS for coming to see us guys!!

Gene's getting pretty interested in the idea of trading in his car and buying a pick up truck.
He has heard that the west texas state school is funded for 2 more years.

We will be having 12 guests for rodeo!
I'm excited.
It'll be wall to wall air mattresses.

My knee surgery will be on the 21st.
I'm looking forward to getting this thing done!

Love ya'll.
mary

2 comments:

Dan G. said...

Hey Mary,
Great Pix. I'll send you one for Bobbie.
Did you find your step ladder on the porch? We didn't want to wake you, so we just left it. Keep in touch.
Dan

Chris McLaughlin said...

Mary, it's Chris McLaughlin - the tall Chris from our college days. Barri just sent me this after I saw on Dan and Bobbie's trip map they were going to see y'all in Pecos. How in the hell did that happen? You are in Barri's and my part of the state!

Last time I saw y'all was around '86 at Bob and LaWanna's gettogether. This has to be an interesting story. I just left Midland a month ago after cleaning out Dad's house after he passed away on March 22nd. 90 and no pain - good as it gets. I came back to Houston on my favorite path - Rankin to Iraan to I-10. So it looks like y'all are taking (or took) Dan and Bobbie to Balmorhea State Park. One of my favorite places in Texas. Back in high school Bob and I and friends would stop in Pecos at the Ramada Inn and eat a big breakfast and head to the park. We would spend several hours before heading out to spend a couple of days in Madera Canyon in the Davis Mountains and then head for Big Bend.

So good to get in contact with y'all again! Tell Geno hello!