Friends of Pecos

Friday, June 8, 2007

A POT FOR PEGGY...and other dumb news.



I told my boss Peggy to feel free to hire someone else if a good person falls into her lap. I suggested that i could just come down when she has machine embroidery orders. She insisted no ("we'll get thru this mary")...for me to just be back by the time school starts.
She hasn't been feeling well. If you recall: she had a serious car accident last january and broke 6 ribs and then caught a bug in the hospital and got a collapsed lung, her kidneys shut down....and she's diabetic.
She got an MRI the other day and she has a fracture in her back...jeez...how could they have missed that?

I will call my doctor monday and schedule my knee surgery ASAP.

Brook left this afternoon and gene got home this evening.
Brook brought me wonderful presents: an excellent atlas, lots of shrimp and some sea salt that i asked for.
THANKEE!
He took me to needleworks today and shopping at the museum gift shop. At needleworks...this part time girl julie was working feverishly to do press downs on 300 t-shirts...that's like the iron on letters ya know.
It'll be a miracle if she finishes them by tomorrow. I felt bad for her.

I'll be trying to scam some unused rodeo box seats this monday at the chamber of commerce...wish me luck!!

Gene said his conference was NOT fun like the last one.

I am decorating my crutches...stay tuned for a photo on the next blog.
when i went to the doctor on wed. i was the only one with wooden crutches...everyone else had aluminum ones...they're ugly.
i like my wooden ones.
my hands hurt from using them.
i despise shopping from a wheelchair.
gene is not an experienced driver and i hate going: "stop...to the left..never mind...go right...i want to look at that." etc. etc.

RADIO HOTLINE:
for sale:
2 trucks. $800. takes both.
job corps. enrollment. (for sale? must be an error. and i've never seen or heard anything about job corps. while we've lived here.)

Give:
baby kittens. (aren't all kittens babies? are these babier than others?)

Want:
someone to clean house, pour a patio slab, fix a fence, repair a sewing machine, do yardwork, kitchen cabinets, kitchen countertops.
someone to remove 2 bee hives.

that's all.

love, mary

No comments: