Friends of Pecos

Saturday, June 23, 2007

NEW TRUCK. NEW KNEE.




My knee surgery was Thursday...it went o.k.
There was damaged cartelage AND ligaments.
This morning we removed all the crap you see on my leg in this photo: soft cast, stocking, lots of gauze, little wierd pump that supplied painkiller and then gene took out the pump's catheter. I was scared....the doctor said: "it's no problem at all....just pull it out like you were pulling a shoelace."...yeah, right.
I'm able to walk a little with my crutches...i can put a bit of weight on the leg.
HEY...someone came into my doctor's office and cleaned up all the magazines and put out new ones. Last time i was there i was reading a PEOPLE mag and it seemed a little dated...i checked the date..it was 1997! yet, it was in o.k. physical shape.

Gene took off work last thurs. and fri. to help me out.
He's taking off this coming thurs. and fri. also.
He has a check up at the doctor in odessa and some of our rodeo guests begin arriving late wed. night.

Funny speech expressions that my neighbor Sib uses:
"well, doesn't THAT just hare lip the governor."
"oh, it makes you just want to say your sunday school lesson backwards."

RADIO HOTLINE:
Wanted:
Someone to cook brisket for a wedding.
Dog pillow.
For Sale:
peaches in Balmorhea.
50's coke machine.
Lost:
blue heeler dog $1,000. reward. (jeez!!! i bet everyone is looking for that hound....that's BIG, BIG money around these parts.)

That's all.
Love, mary

No comments: