Friends of Pecos

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Awwww...It's Another Nuthin' Sorta Sunday In Pecos.



George bought a new motorcycle in El Paso yesterday...it's a Buell. Even though he doesn't look like it in this photo he was SO proud and SO excited! He stopped by on his way back to Pyote to show it to us. He teaches at the West Texas State School with Gene.

Speaking of that....it's now called the "Rattlesnake High School"!

Gene had to go to training in Iraan last Monday and Tuesday and Odessa on Wednesday....that's a total of 495 miles.
He was tired and glad it is over.
AND the stupid Iraan ISD did not pay for the gas.

I worked 6 days last week.
Hope I don't have to do the same this week.
My co-worker Lucy was out of town for a couple of days.
Peggy got pneumonia at a show in Witchita Falls last weekend and had to go to the E.R. in an ambulance.
She hasn't been so well since her car accidnet 18 months ago and seems to be in denial about that.
SSshhhhhh....don't tell her I said that.

We had a big water leak that we didn't know about until the water meter reader came and notified us that the meter was spinnin' around like a tornado.
Luckily we have American Home Shield Insurance...and they sent out Carl-the-plumber to fix it. It took 4 or 5 days to get him out here since he's the only accredited plumber in town....and ALWAYS VERY BUSY!!
Our water bill was $473.00!!!! We had used 153,000 gallons of water....I FELT SOOOOOO GUILTY! Gee Wally, we could've had a couple swimming pools for that!
Double lucky that we don't have to pay all that bill!
The water Dept. is a-workin' with us on that.
It's usually $80. or $120.

For Mi Familia Only:
I loaned Grandaddy Gray's memoirs to this guy Jim Davis and he sent me the nicest note. He lives in Kermit with his Mama who is 102 years old. It says:
Dear Mary,
What a story. He mentions places ad events almost in passing that would have been one's adventure of a lifetime. Thanks for letting me read it.
Biography is what I read the most as it is a story that really happened.
My Dad had an old framed photograph of Gen. Pershing and I would like you all to have it. I'll bring it next time I'm over (when I can locate it).
Thanks again,
Jim Davis

Isn't that nice? I don't even know him really. Sib just dragged him over to our open house in July.

SO!!!
A reporter from the newspaper (Peggy McCracken) came over last Thursday and interviewed me for a "feature article"....er....uh-huh....we'll see how THAT turns out.
"WEIRDO OUT OF TOWNERS MAKE BOTTLE CAP SNAKES!!!!"
It might be out tomorrow.
The paper comes out Monday and Friday and costs a damn DOLLAR!
It's usually all of EIGHT pages.

RADIO HOTLINE:
For Sale:
WWII paratrooper survival rifle.
Box of paint ball guns and supplies- $50. (Ouch.)
Wanted:
Someone to remove a dead dog from under house. (Ick.)
Apple Decorations.

That's all folks.
Thanks for doing the bloggity thing.
love, mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your pal liked greatgranddad Gray's memoir; I've always said that it was worth reading for anyone. It seems to me that wherever there was something going on with the Army, he seemed to be there!

R.B.