Friends of Pecos

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A BIG SCARY STORM!

Wow!! Eight tenths of an inch! And Gene had JUST watered the yard. I looked at radar on my computer at 6 p.m. and didn't see anything...then at 9 p.m. we got all that rain in about half an hour. The wind blew between 50 and 60 m.p.h. with lots of lightening and thunder. Our lawn chairs blew 20 ft. into the yard from the patio, a few limbs are down this morning around our neighborhood, the dogs were cowering in our laps, a bit of water blew in under a few windows and doors, plants blown all over the yard etc.
Big excitement.
Some of the ranchers around here were thinking of having to sell some of their cattle because they had no grass and buying them feed is so expensive. They can't afford to do that very long. So the rain we've had the last month or so has been a big blessing for them.

I missed 2 good photo ops last week. Maybe I should just take camera everywhere I go. At the grocery store they were roasting big banana peppers. They put them in a big wire hopper outside (like a bingo hopper) and then there are gas jets of fire shooting out under them as they turn the wire hopper. Alot of folks have not seen this before and would think it was interesting.
Then at the Quik Stop store I saw a little dog sitting on his owner's lap in a car and he was wearing "doggles". At first I thought he just had on somebody's sunglasses to look cute. I've seen these doggie goggles on T.V. and in catalogs but never seen a dog actually wearing them. So he could hang his head out the car window in safety.

A lady who has lived here all her life and is around 80 years old...I won't name her....she might not like it....was heard to say: "I b'lieve if Pecos opened a whore house...it'd go out of business." I think she's right.

So, we are starting to get a little busy at Needleworks with folks buying Pecos Eagle shirts etc.
We make little girl's cheerleader outfits all during the year so we can have alot ready at this time of year. They are a skirt and top (with the kid's name monogrammed on it) for $50.
People call up and ask if it's too late to order them or do we take measurements for them etc.
Stupid.
C'mon folks this isn't couture! It's off the rack!

Our electric bill is absolutely KILLIN' us!
It's impolite to say how much...but it's HUGE!!

On that note...I better get ready for monogramming at Needleworks....I need the money.

Thanks for blogging!
Love, Mary
P.S. For my familia only: I heard Dad in my head the other day saying: "Rouse McNouse!"

No comments: