Friends of Pecos

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

CLICK ON THIS PICTURE AND MAKE IT BIG.


Because it's really cool and it's the only one I have today.

Who wants onions?
My neighbors Sib & Bill bought 50 lbs. for $8.
That's twice the price it used to be....of course.
They shared them w/ us...and Mmmmmmmm!
Sometimes they just boil 'em and put pepper on them and eat them just like that.
We cut them in half and soaked them in teriyaki sauce and then grilled the halves w/ chicken.
They have no name and better than Vedalias.

The neighborhood SKUNK continues to reek havoc.
Last Friday I awoke at 4:30 a.m. to the stink of SKUNK!
It smelled like that varmint was right under my bed.
I guess he sprayed out back by the jet engined A/C units....I dunno...but it was bad.
I have researched online......
and I leave no pet food outside....garbage can is secured....etc.etc.
UGH.
It's O.K. ....IF he doesn't spray...and especially doesn't spray the dogs-n-cats.
I worry about skunks being RABIES carriers!!

I think I'm going to the TYC in Pyote tomorrow for the 1st time.
It's for a lunch for a married couple that are retiring.
I like them alot.
RATTLESNAKE BOMBER BASE....HERE I COME!!

The newspaper on Monday was actually worth the dollar they charge!!
There's an article about T.B. Pruett's brother P.H. Pruett moving to Ft. Davis in the 1880's etc...(which I've written about before.)
And there's going to be a fun gathering at the West of the Pecos Museum in September regarding Texas Rangers.
Stay tuned!!!!!

Radio Hotline:
For Sale:
Monkey figurines. (Ew.)
Found:
3 Legged Dog. (It's not mine.)
Give:
4 and a half lab puppies. (Uh....O.K. I guess it's that they are giving puppies that are half labs....but it looked FUNNY!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kool kat; watch out for that peppy la pew... he probably has fleas and that could be bad; here in Austin, there is a Typhus epidemic and the CDC has been trying to figure out where it started. it is deadly and is carried by fleas. someone almost died and he is a healthy strapping young man (adult). so, stay clear of Mr. La Pew. yum, cooked onions, those are really good for the system. eats lots of them. would you please check with Ruth and see if she got her check, it hasn't cleared yet. ck ya' later,
k

Dan G. said...

I used to eat onion sandwiches! Toasted bread with butter and garlic and mayonnaise. Those were the days.

We have a skunk here too but he comes and goes.
Dan