Friends of Pecos

Thursday, August 7, 2008

YAY! WE GET TO STAY ONE MORE YEAR!



Gene got his contract in the mail yesterday. He has been rehired by Iraan ISD to keep the job he now has with TYC.
And while Pecos is not my first choice as a place to live.....it's nice to have the unemployment worry off our backs!
I'm sure the neighbors get tired of us always telling them that we are probably moving.
We are the little boy that cried "wolf"...or "coyote".

So, I was strolling through Walmart yesterday and the music that they play just makes me DIE laughing.
It was "Only in My Dreams" by Debbie Gibson...how 80's!
I had to sing along...all the other shoppers are oblivious of course...they think it's normal.

Our neighborhood skunk continues to stink the area.
That nasty stray cat that beat up my cat Harold last year(the vet bill was $120.) was a-layin' in the alley yesterday morning....a-dead.
I felt sorry for him but am glad he is gone.
He looked diseased and was breeding with all the other strays and would come and piss on our back door and awful stuff like that.

The flies are bad.
Gene and I sit around swatting dozens of them and then the other day we fed the freshly dead flies to these big red ants that were around....ugh...were are SO easily amused!

Look! My little baby cactus had a little baby flower.
This is 11 year old Hartley wearing the necklace that she made on her 2nd craft afternoon here with me.
Isn't she lovely?
I found that rock w/ a hole in our front yard.
Ya almost never see one with a hole around here...much less one small enough for a necklace.

RADIO HOTLINE:
Give-
japanese bobtail cats. (huh? What the hell are those?)
For Sale-
Kermit crabs. (haha...this lady called 'em that instead of "hermit"...it's funny because there's a town called Kermit near here.)
Roping horse to trade for 2 cows.
Wanted-
asbestos tile for siding. (isn't that something that most healthy folks DON'T want?)

That's all bloggers!
love, mary

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at the bright side - there in Pecos you have exoerienced a life that very, very few Texans have ever or will ever share with you; living and working in small desert towns - and you will be the richer for it.

R,B.

Anonymous said...

"YAY" is right, moving and changing jobs sucks. Glad it has all worked out.
Love,
Dave

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary. Just wanted to tell you that Kenny and I enjoyed our visit the other night. The chili was excellent and the company was wonderful. It was good to see you guys again. It had been a long time. Take care of yourselves.
Johnny