Friends of Pecos

Thursday, February 5, 2009

BANDERA, TX. PART 3.






This dead mouse did not make it from the storage building into our trailer that we hauled home.
The waterfall was barely runnin'. We have drought all over Texas. The rivers and lakes are so low and the tanks and ponds are dry....PLEASE bring us nice spring rain this year!
Stay away from the loud, scary geese!
A river reflection.
The river was pretty, even in winter...summer time brings lots of folks tubing and picnic-ing.
We sang with the country western CD's all the way home...when we weren't giggling.
As the trees of central Texas gave way to the arid scrub of west Texas....I kept repeating: "I can't believe I LIVE here. This is where I live now."
Rosie and Peggy teased me...."You DO live here now. You ARE west Texas. You hang your hat in Pecos. You are one of us."
They weren't gigggling....they were cackling in an evil way.
A good time was had by all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved the cabins, loved the cats, and really loved the pj's with the crazy boots. I wish I could of been there, I would have gone to the honky tonks. The vynal art is tres cool. My cedar fever is killing me. I am one constant headache. The weather is beautiful, but I can't go outside without crying. I am so glad you had a sucsessful trip.
keep on truckin' mama,
k
p.s. sorry, I cannot spell .anything any more

Anonymous said...

Ok...I must say I don't likey that dead mouse as the welcoming picture to your blog...yuk

Anonymous said...

Looks like a grand time was had by all!! Y'all will have to do another trip ....... the resident cats are depending on you!

Love, R.B.