Friends of Pecos

Friday, February 27, 2009

THERE ARE PEOPLE AND THINGS IN PECOS...that you don't meet or see anywhere else.




So, a couple of months ago I was introduced to this cowboy....Bubba, at the Pecos Social Lodge....and have only spoken to him a few times very briefly.
I would like to talk to him for a couple of hours.
Last night I said: "Hey bubba, whatcha been doin' today?"
He replied: "Punchin' cattle M'aam."
He told me it was really windy where he'd been working.
I said: "How do you keep your hat on?"
He replied: "Well, M'aam, sometimes ya just gotta wear a cap."
That's him (on the right) in the last photo.
Credit "Shy Cowboys" photo to Rosie Blount.
I like bubba.

On the Radio Hotline show you can call and wish folks Happy Birthday, or Happy Anniversary etc.
This lady called to wish her son Happy Birthday.
He was 9 years old.
The D.J. asked if she wanted to tell his name.
The reply was: "We just call him 'Boy'"!!
That's hilarious.
Now I've heard of guys called "Son"....but not "Boy".

RADIO HOTLINE:
Wanted-
Someone to trim donkey's hooves.
For Sale-
Double yellow headed amazon parrot. (2 heads?)
1908 German 8mm rifle.
Cowhide Rug.
Lost-
Poodle in a red sweater.

No comments: