Friends of Pecos

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

IT'S GREAT TO BREAK THE LAW IN PECOS.

If you shoplift at walmart they don't care. They just ask you not to come in the store anymore. But the shoplifters do go back anyways....they just "keep an eye" on ya....JEEZ!
My boss Peggy is after some shoplifters that stole stuff from needleworks....stupid junkies...one of them was trying to sell a belt that she stole for $3....it's a $90. belt!
It's great to be a criminal in Pecos....c'mon out folks....bring your six shooter.
That reminds me that when we drove out to Marathon...we passed a place called "six shooter draw"...that's like a creek or branch ya know. I wondered why it's called that and bet it's a great story.

The other night we were "stoopin'"...(that means a-settin' out on the front porch) and a cop pulled a car over. We heard the "poe-leece-man" say: "You were speeding and ran 2 stop signs....be more careful tonight O.K.?" I wonder if the person had on their seatbelt or had insurance...i doubt it.

Neither of the above offenses would go unpunished back where we came from.

IT'S BLUE!!! Our parakeet is there today pigging out on the birdseed and won't let ANY sparrows onto his perch. He was gone so long....we'd given up on 'ol Blue!

Gene is done sanding the damn floor. He estimates that he worked 60 hours on it. Today I bought a huge jug of wood oil. Also today I began cleaning the floors, walls, windows, mirrors, stair bannister, doors, moldings, chandelier... etc.etc.etc. I HAVE to say it....FUCK! We are sorry we even began this project. I'll probably be cleaning up for the rest of my life. Yesterday I vacuumed some parts of the velvet walls and 5 minutes later it was dirty again (no lie!)....the heater was on and there was still some dust in the air I guess. Today I cleaned for about 4 hours.

Last week when I went over to visit Bill & Sib he told me ALL about butcherin' hogs....quite graphically...for more than 30 minutes. It IS fall ya know....that's hog killin' time. I just get such a kick out of those two....I love them. Sib seemed a tiny bit miffed that Bill hogged (pun intended) the weekly conversation....but she says that he doesn't take to women much...but he really likes me and that he combed his hair and tucked in his shirt when it was almost time for me to show up....awwww...he likes me!

Gene had a telphone interview with the TYC in Crockett Texas on Monday. He said it went o.k.

It was such a pretty day today that I should've been outside painting the stupid stairs that I started last weekend.

I have lost 17 lbs.
I had lost 12 between june and oct.
I guess I kicked off another 5 because I havn't been drinking alcohol.
And I've been working hard at Needleworks and at home.
My back hurts....so do my feet.

On Monday I had to unload Peggy's truck and trailer. She had been to a show/sale in Odessa. I hauled clothes inside and then sorted them and reloaded half of them to go back to the Alpine store. IT TOOK FOUR HOURS...and it was hot. I get to do it again in 10 days when Peggy goes to a show in Lubbock.
Then I monogrammed for the rest of the day.
The Christmas sweaters are in....freaky sweaters. I guess they're pretty if you like that sort of thing...I don't.
Some people collect them.
There's a lady over at the chamber of commerce who wears a different christmas sweater every day of the month of December!

I have managed NOT to go back to any of the monthly auctions in Carlsbad. But it sure is fun to look at pictures online and read the catalog of stuff for sale. They have some odd things. Like a box of animal claws...huh? This last weekend they also auctioned a russian navy wristwatch and a pocketwatch. It was an antique french watch given to Gov. Ford of IL. in 1844....Gee wally, that's old! Also, an 1863 nickel found at Ft. Elliott , Texas. Then it's fun to go online and see what everything sold for.

RADIO HOTLINE:
For Sale:
7 bags of shoes $10. (that's alot of shoes! A junkie is probably selling them!)
Wanted:
Dumbells (HAHAhahahaaaaa....I'm not touching that one with a 10 ft. pole!)

That's all the dumbell news from the land of crime.
Love, Mary
P.S. I just googled "six shooter draw" and it said that the creek was probably named for a six shooter shaped cattle brand registered in 1889. THAT'S not what I expected. I think I'll make my own story!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geekers - you'll have to let me know just how many of them big ol' jogs of oil that floor is going to suck down!

R.B.