Friends of Pecos

Monday, November 12, 2007

MONDAY NEWS.



WOW...what are those wierd circle-round ghostly images on the photo of the floor? Dust?
Bennie looks drunk in his picture...he's just sleepy.

Today I mongrammed shirts for a car club.
The design is big...it takes 2 hours and 45 minutes to run each design.
Whoa...peggy really underbid the price on that order.

La Tienda...our grocery store...their t-shirts make me laugh.
They say" "La Tienda...we want to be YOUR store."
Well, I guess so...since it's the ONLY grocery store in Pecos.

There's this teeny old lady at la tienda who is a cashier.
Her name is Mrs. Bryan and she is 84 years old and has worked there since 1965!

Back to the floor....The damn lobby floor is done!
Gene put 2 coats of lemon oil on it.
Now he just needs to put down transitions at the 4 doorways and quarter round trim all around the edges.
It's pretty good...for Geno...he worked hard enough on it.
The wood looks sorta reddish yes?

So....the Pecos "poe-leece" came to our house sat. night.
I was sitting out front on the porch and a cop car came and the guy asked if i had called 911.
I said "no".
Then another cop car arrived and by that time ALL the neighbors were peekin' out their windows....at least they didn't use their lights or sireeens.
The policemen said that someone called 911 over a dozen times from a tracphone, used my name and address and gave my cell number.
This really creeps me out in an uncomfortable way.
My name and address is in the phonebook but how did they get my cell number?
I only use it when I travel and no one in town knows the number.
I went and got my cellphone and showed mr. cop that it was turned off and the battery was run out.
I asked what the person said that made the call....he wouldn't tell me...but said "It sounded like they were having a REAL good time!"
Then he asked if just Gene and I live here and I said "yes.".... and then gene toured the 2 cops thru the house so they could see we aren't junkie criminals!
Maybe I should quit emailing "letters to the editor" of the newspaper.
Gene said it was a ghost...yeah, sure...a TALKING ghost?

RADIO HOTLINE:
For Sale:
schnauzer puppier. (is this a new kind of dawg? is it french?)
old roll top desk. $25. (that's cheap.)
t.v. $10. (that's really cheap.)
horse and mobile home. (an excellent combination...it's what everyone is pecos aspires to.)
17" ranch/roping saddle and chaps. (this is not an ad we would see back home.)

I guess that's it bloggers.
Keep those comments rolling in.

love, mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Them round, pale spots on the floor of your entry are blood satins from the last time someone got shot back in the bad ol'd days - now ....... look UP at the doorways and ceilings and find the bullet holes.

R.B.