Friends of Pecos

Sunday, November 4, 2007

MARY LEARNS TO CONQUER HER FEAR OF HEIGHTS.


AKA: "21 STEPS OF HELL."
Of course you tell yourself not to look down....but ya always do look down!
I'm in my paintin' dress workin' on the outside stairs.
It's scary...they are very steep.
Such an UNattractive picture of me....I look like I weigh 300 lbs.
My neighbor ol' Steve came outside and saw me up there and said: "Child, you cain't git to heaven thataway."
Gene sanded these stairs yesterday with his little electric sander.
That's the west side of the house so the hot, hot, hot desert sun peels that paint right up pronto.

DUDES! GUESS WHAT?
While I was up there....I FOUND MY GLASSES!!!!
When I was coming down the stairs I spied them on the ground sorta under the stairs...they'd blown off the outside wall where I'd set them. And I'd looked there before but did not see them.
I'm happy!

Meanwhile Gene is taking a day off of sanding the lobby floor.
He's priming and spray painting the back door....the screen door with the wrought iron frame....it's rusty as is the front door...but he thought he'd see how the back one goes before doing the front one where everyone can see his mistakes.

Yesterday I oiled furniture while Gene sanded the floor then we drove out to Ft. Davis to their market days. I guess it's a morning thing because it was only about 3p.m. but the vendors were packing up already. We bought 5 horseshoes, 10 tiles and 2 books.
I love the drive out there and wish we lived in Ft. Davis.
Some of the trees were turning pretty colors.
Actually we should drive out to the Guadalupe mountains...the trees there are sposed to have really pretty fall colors.

It's sposed to be 34 degrees here on Tues. night.

I had to go to Odessa last Friday for a doctor's appt....lordy how i hate to go to odessa.
But the good part was that i went to 2 estate sales and also went to H.E.B. and got mahi-mahi, tilapia and shrimp...yay!! Pecos has no fish.

That's all the dumb Sunday news.
Where's my comments folks?

Love, Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all you pics. make me want to come back out west and go stay at these places with ya'll. i think it is all so ramantical. i hope everything goes well with geno's interview.
ENGRAVE my jacket please...tee hee...Tuna Doese Vegas was a gas. omg, it mentioned all tose west texas towns. i thought of you alot as we laughed.
hang in there pile drivers,
loves ya',
k