Friends of Pecos

Friday, November 16, 2007

SMOKEY BRIGGS V.S. MARY POOLE




SO! The editor of the newspaper printed my 2nd letter. I was very surprised and wished that I'd thought it out a little more and written it a little better.....if I thought there was a chance in hell he'd actually print it.
And here it is:
Nov. 9, 2007
Subject: I just read your TYC editorial and don't appreciate most of your comments.

About 10 days ago I emailed you a "letter to the editor" asking your newspaper to focus on something positive at the West Texas State School.
The letter was not acknowledged nor printed in the newspaper.
Unfortunately I did not save a copy of the letter, but that hardly seems to matter.

While a few of your observations may be true, what you surmise for the last half of your editorial is unfair.
No wonder morale is so bad out there and your article didn't help at all.

My husband has been a teacher at the Pyote facility for a year and a half.
He taught at a prison in Kyle for 9 years previously and spent 17 years at Gary Job Corp. before that.
He is a decent, honest, caring and hardworking employee as are so many others at WTSS.

Of course everyone is allowed their opinion.
And of course every government funded operation has their share of problems.

YOU have made me feel very unwelcome in Pecos and just through association....your editorial lets folks assume that everyone working at the Pyote school are idiots who deserve to be fired.
Shame on you.
I ask you again to PLEASE print something positive about WTSS....but oh wait....that wouldn't sell newspapers would it?
I think I'll just stop buying your stupid newspaper.

Sincerely,
Mary Poole

A customer at Needleworks was asking for me this morning in regards to this letter. I wasn't there. Then 'Ol Hope Wilson called me this afternoon to thank me for writing the letter and to tell Gene that she appreciates him.

We had a big dust storm on Wed....we hadn't had one in so long. Stupid me...i asked lucy (at needleworks) if there was a fire...she laughed and said "no, it's DIRT." I'm such a "yank!" Well, it just happened so suddenly and when i looked out the window i thought it was SMOKE! When i got home from work the wind had blown the front door open and let allllll that dust in the house....sigh.

I've been picking up good pecans from a tree that's in a yard where nobody lives....free food. Mother would be pleased...she always got pretty excited during pecan season. I'm splitting them with Bill and Sib and they have an electric cracker...and will crack our half of the booty and then gene and i will shell them.

THE PICTURES ARE UP FOR THE DECEMBER AUCTION IN CARLSBAD......OOOhhhhh I want the chuckwagon so much!!!! The saddles? Now mary WHY would you want those when you don't even have a horse? I dunno...i just like them. What i'd really like to collect is old spurs...i guess everyone else too cos whenever i see them for sle they sure are pricey. The life size nutcrackers are perfect for bobbie guerra....she, who loves christmas so much! What i SHOULD bid on is a 2003 honda civic with 19,000 miles on it....i'll give them $200...haha. My honda civic is a 1994 and has almost 191,000 miles.

RADIO HOTLINE:
Give:
Goat as a pet.
Blind kitten.

That's all for today bloggers.
Love, mary

No comments: