Friends of Pecos

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

FUNNY, STRANGE AND SILLY-BORING PECOS NEWS ITEMS.

We are getting cranked up for the 63rd annual Reeves County Fair....Oct. 3-6th.
Gene and I are going to enter a couple of things in the arts & crafts dept.
He and I went to the fair last year and enjoyed watching the kids show their sheep....and the quilts were cool too.

Yesterday I saw a little bird hanging upside down off of a pomegranate and eating it. There were plenty of other pomegranates that were easier to reach....I guess he wanted THAT one.

POW!!! WE GOT HIM!!! We caught our mouse the other night. Gene baited the trap with one of my flax seed oil capules that seemed to attact him so much....he "daid" now. Hope there aren't any others!

Today I started helping Debbie hang the "Art off the Wall" show.... down at the museum. It's our 2nd annual and is made up of art by high school students all across Texas. Once again...just like last year....I'm amazed at the talent and quality. I'll take some pictures tomorrow. I hurt my back lifting up 2 pieces that weighed between 40-50 lbs.
While I was there two different people came in and "just wanted to look around". Debbie told them it costs $4. to look around. People are so stupid....they left after "looking around" the lobby and gift shop.

Gene has gone to fix an almost flat tire on the blue car. Last week it was the other front tire...stupid mesquite thorns...some of them are 3 or 4 inches long and can easily pierce a car tire.

In regards to last week's high school homecoming:
I was looking at the bi-weekly newspaper and it showed the pep rally, parade, and tailgate party. They used to have a big bonfire but stopped it about 3 years ago due to pollution concerns. This year...instead...they had a monster truck demolish 3 cars....bet the kids loved that. Then there was a picture of a guy parachuting into the football stadium to deliver the football...wierd.

RADIO HOTLINE:
For Sale:
2 hospital beds. (two?)
Found:
bag phone. (what's a bag phone?)
Give:
5 medium sized dogs. (that's alot of dogs.)

Last night 2 of the smoke alarms downstairs were beeping..to let us know that the batteries were low. This morning they weren't beeping anymore...and it wasn't because the batteries were totally worn out. Ghosts?

Gene is finally making a bit of headway with his floor sanding. You can tell a difference now. That sure is a HARD pine wood floor. He's sanded it with 40 grit paper (and that's very gritty) about 10 times. Sigh....

My friend Dan suggested that the pieces of cement i dug up in the backyard are part of an old septic tank...ewwwww. Will I be digging up petrified TURDS next?

On that note...I'll sign off.

Love, mary

No comments: