Friends of Pecos

Friday, September 21, 2007

A TIRED FRIDAY NIGHT.

Greetings bloggers.
It's very quiet outside for 9:15 p.m.
Could Pecos have lost it's homecoming game already?

The store was extremely busy all week and we are all just wiped out.
We kept selling out fo hair bows as fast as Lucy could make them.
And we completely sold out of 2 sizes of cheerleader outfits.
Peggy was kind enough to give Lucy, Julie and me $50. each for our hard work....yay!
A couple of amusing things happened there this week:
A girl came in and told me she wanted her shirt "mammogrammed"....we just about died teasing her and snickering.
After a kid buys a cheerleading outfit they leave the top with us so that we can monogram their name on it at no charge.....well, today this little girl about 6 years old came in topless with her arms folded across her torso attempting to hide herself....she had on her cheerleader skirt. Her Mom said she was hunting for her top with her name on it and was it ready? She was just so cute and I helped her find her top amongst all the others that were laid out and waiting for their owners and then helped her into it. She left with a huge grin on her face!
And ya know....you really don't need to buy the local newspaper if ya work at Needleworks...it's a great source of news. Today I found out who had died....who is dying and who has a bladder infection.

We had some more rain last night...unusually excellent!

My friend Trudy who lives near Tulum Mexico has becoem an avid bird watcher. I'm taking her a book about birds of Mexico so she can identify them. She's been seeing wild toucans...cool huh?

In my last blog I was telling about our neighbor Bill farming alfalfa near here in the 1980's before he retired. I forgot to say that he told me that if any of the crop got wet...he had to quickly sell it real cheap. Apparently if it gets wet...and then sits out in the hot sun....the heat builds up inside the bales and it catches fire!!! Isn't that crazy talk?

Radio Hotline:
For Sale:
a bottle of Avon wrinkle corrector. (gee, people will sell ANYTHING out here.)
Wanted:
someone to take her to Odessa for a doctor's visit.

I guess that's all the bullshit for now.
Take care folks.
love, mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary,
I just got caught up on your latest blogs, missed them while I was on vacation. That English guy must really, really like the old west atmosphere to stay there. The floor sander sounds like a real bee-atch. Let me know how that progresses.
Love,
Dave