Friends of Pecos

Sunday, September 23, 2007

IT IS SUNDAY.

Hi bloggers.
Not much going on around here....here's the itty bitty news:

WE HAVE A MOUSE! That's is what's been stealing my flax seed oil pill (as mentioned in an earlier blog)...I bet it's giving that tiny critter diaharrea!
And it's on the kitchen counter where we prepare our food! GROSS!!
Ewwwww....a f-ing mouse! This means our cats aren't doing their job. Course most of the time they are outside at night. And I guess Missy could be excused from mouse duty since she's 14 years old. But she has always been "the hunter"....Seven year old Harold is just an odd boy who is afraid of his own shadow.
Gene bought 2 traps and we'll set them tonight.
Sib and Bill have a mouse and he's been getting the food out of the trap without being caught....we'll see who catches their mouse first!

On Thursday and Friday. my "good" knee hurt as much as my bad one. I bet someday I might have to have meniscus surgery on that one too....shit. It's o.k. today.

The highschool football team did in fact lose their Homecoming game...that's the 4th loss....so we expect it to slow way down at work now....that's o.k. by me.

Gene has renamed the floor sander. Since it's made of 4 machines put together...he calls it "Frankenstein". He's getting pretty disgusted....he sands and doesn't notice much difference. But I know that we are getting somewhere....although VERY slowly because I keep sweeping up quite a bit of sawdust each time.

I was digging up weeds in our yard yesterday and kept finding hunks of cement. I dug up 4 peices....gee, antique "seement"! I wonder what it used to be?
Speaking of weeds.....we have this awful stuff growing on the yard that makes burrs/stickers really fast and poor willie is always full of them and they're so hard to pull out of his hair. Gene had some "weed and feed" left from this spring so he spread it on the plants. #$!*&#$%%%!!!! Turns out this green stuff is crab grass....so we ended up actually feeding the stickers! When we moved in here 16 months ago the backyard was all dirt...no grass or weeds or green anything. Now we have about 40% grass....40% weeds(crabgrass) and 20% dirt. I hope someday it'll be a nice yard. We miss our yard back in Kyle, Texas.

Jamey's leaving for Moscow in a couple of hours. It's a direct flight fom New York and takes about 9 hours. She'll be home on Thursday night. She and her boss (Andrew) are going there for a show of his photographs...so it'll be alot different than one of their trips for a photo shoot. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Looks like we might get some rain tonight....bring it on!!!

RADIO HOTLINE:
To Give: a package of newborn diapers.

That's all the stupid, boring news.

Love, mary

No comments: