Friends of Pecos

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

STUFF.




Dumb picture news:
Don't know if you can see it in this picture...click on it and make it big. Anyways...it's my vine of jack beans that I'm growing from seeds that Sib gave me. They have pretty purple flowers. I needed a trellis...i have none and no money and think the ones in the stores are ugly. I made a semi circle from twisted wire that i found in the storage room out back. then made the 2nd semi circle out of an old fishing pole. Bloom....dammit.
Sib siad she will be my mother....i love her dearly.

Bowling anyone? Dusty bowling? We have no pins to knock down. I've heard of using large palstic coke bottles filled with sand....we have that!

Snakes....we have lots of bottlecap snakes. Gene was whining cos he was running low on his supply of caps...it takes between 150 and 175 caps to make one. But last weekend a friend brought us about 1,000! Gene is happy now.



Dumb weather news:
We had a half inch of rain last friday and that was pretty exciting. The mornings are so nice and cool now....wish it'd stay like that all day.

Dumb work news:
Yesterday was labor day...I labored. I think we were just about the only store open in town. We had 2 customers and closed at 4 instead of 6....but we got all caught up on the monogramming. Peggy hauled in the cash all last week....stupid football. The first game was last friday....pecos lost 41 to 12....OUCH!!!!!!

I saw a picture of a WOODPECKER drinking from a hummingbird feeder in a magazine today.....STRANGE! Wish I could post the photo here.

"Texas Speak":
"kinnihepyew"...that's "can i help you?" I'm practising that at work.
"heighty"...that's a variation of "howdy".
"how'syamomandthem".....ugh.
If we had lived out here in 1977 I think Jamey's name would be "COZY".

RADIO HOTLINE:
For Sale:
a pair of hedgehogs.
flip flops.
Wanted:
help for expenses with a lady- go by peaceful garden funeral home....(this is wierdest hotline ad EVER!)

An ad in the newspaper:
Fereal Hogs a Nuisance? You trap 'em. we buy 'em. Hog traps available @ reeves county feed store.

That's all bloggers. We are going to san marcos in the morning for 4 days.
I have laundry and packing to do and a snake head and tail to make.

Love, Mary

No comments: