Friends of Pecos

Friday, May 16, 2008

MEET BILL & SIB HIGGINBOTHAM.





These are our neighbors Bill and Sib.
I go visit them once a week and we tell each other stories and laugh alot.
The pictures were taken at Sib's 80th birthday party a few weeks ago.
They are retired farmers.
I love them.

May 12th marked our 2nd year of living here.
May 18th will be the 1 year mark of my knee surgery.

Hummingbird myth:
They feed with their bill...like drinking from a straw.
Fact:
They drink sugar water with their tongue....at a rate of 14 licks per second.

We had a tiny bit of rain last night.
I don't think it was even measurable.
I always look at the weather radar online and see lots of storms nearby but not on us.
When Pecos people go traveling, if they see rainclouds...they detour and head TOWARDS them...just to experience rain and drive thru moisture...haha.

We have started using canvas shopping bags when we go to Walmart.
Some of the cashiers there are so stupid.
They keep looking for a bar code on the bag and try to ring it up....duh.
I have to explain what it is and what it's for.
Yesterday my cashier said "Oh, you bought your reusable bag. I don't see but a couple of folks with those." I answered "It's just me and my husband probably."
She replied "Actually the only other person I've seen use one is a man."
I said "Yeah. It's my husband."
They had a durn GIVEAWAY at Walmart a month ago of these bags....and no one uses them.
Stupid.
It's the least we can do for our Mother Earth.

That's all.
Love, Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for using reuseable bags at WallyWorld! There's nothing I hate worse than seeing a bunch of blue plastic bags blowing around the bus stops near the big box store.

R.B.