Friends of Pecos

Friday, August 24, 2007

NEEDLEWORKS.





This is Julie at her press down machine in our sweat shop...(back of the store).
The 2nd photo is my monster monogramming machine....that I have a love/hate relationship with.
And there's little Lucy in the front of the shop....trying to fix one of Mary's mistakes.

So! Cozumel and my friend Trudy who lives near Tulum managed to dodge the wrath of Hurricane Dean...whew!

I met this lady named Wilma Johnsonn in the store the other day...she's 72 years old and a very nice person.
I told her we bought the Weatherby house and she replied: "Oh, I've spent many a night upstairs there in my youth."
She told me that some folks named Thomas owned the house in the 40's.
AHA!.....the missing years!
She was friends with the daughters Ruthie and Bonnie.
I'll have to question her farther....those were the days before Mrs. Weatherby did the overhaul inside....so Wilma knew it in it's original form.

It was 103 degrees in the shade here last Sunday.

Those pods that I called "exploding beans" are actually called "screwbeans"....duh...due to their corkscrew shape after they bust open.

Ruth the dog and cat lady called me on wednesday and needed $20. for the animals. I took her over $50. and met all her homeless cats-n-dogs. I also took her an application to apply for non profit status. If she can get that she can apply for federal funds and hopefully get all the animals into an unused building here that she has her eye on. That would be GREAT!! She's such a trooper and is always on the verge of of money problems and more animals than she has room for. She had 2 darling, white manx kittens.

My friend Sandra recently visited a ranch near Ft. Davis that had 100 hummingbird feeders....and they fill them every day!!!

RADIO HOTLINE:
For Sale:
cast iron fireplace $150. (that's not gonna move very fast in this summer heat.)
3 old 1948 newspapers. (i should've bought those.)
Reager .45 magnum. (that's scary....weapons on the radio.)
Found:
2 goats.

That's all folks.
Write soon.
Love, Mary

No comments: